The Senior Accountant is responsible for monthly and yearly financial statements finalization, consolidated US budgeting and reporting and diverse related activities. The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager. More specifically the Senior Accountant is responsible for:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaison to 3rd party CPA and outsourced accounting firm
- Manage the month end close and the finalization of financial statements
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated reporting to foreign parent company
- Complete treasury functions, manage customer billing and oversee the use of the 3rd party payable processing system
- Oversee timely completion of regulatory, tax, and sales/use tax filings
- Support the budgeting and planning process, as well as long term strategic planning
- Assist with various financial projects dealing with analysis, revenue recognition and ad hoc reporting
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Six to eight years of relevant industry experience with strong project management skills
- CPA certification preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks Enterprise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective collaborator to positively manage and influence internal/external stakeholders and build productive relationships
- Exceptionally detail oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize, self-manage and meet deadlines
- Positive, can-do attitude; flexibility, adaptability, and business acumen
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter that gets excited about rolling up their sleeves and proactively solving problems
- Proficient with Windows operating systems, Google Suite, project management systems, and related applications
This position operates in a professional office environment. The job requires an individual to routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
Job position is based in Lakewood, CO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position working standard business hours. This position may require the flexibility to work diverse schedules.
This position requires minimal domestic travel.