We are looking for a dynamic Staff Accountant to join and grow with the Finance & Controlling team.
The Staff Accountant works directly with our vendors and internal relevant counterparts to ensure accurate vendor account maintenance. This position is responsible for processing all invoices received for payment in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. Day-to-day tasks also include resolving invoicing issues by working with relevant departments. This is accomplished by e-mail, phone, and face-to-face interaction. Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail are key traits to success.
Essential functions of the role:
- Receive and verify invoices
- Review all invoices for proper coding, appropriate documentation and approval prior to posting in QuickBooks and Bill.com
- Seek and follow-up approval of invoices; where lacking in documentation research and address issues to ensure adherence to policies
- Prepare batches of invoices for posting into accounting software
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Print and review manual checks and accuracy and ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Run AP projected payments report and suggest invoices to pay
- Provide payment verification to internal and external customers
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Keep vendor information accurate and up to date in the system
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with documented policies and procedures
- Assist in reviewing existing controls and identifying areas for improvement
- Assist in documenting procedures and implement process improvements to maximize efficiency and accuracy
- Review accuracy of outgoing wires, including book transfers
- Review suggested contribution/distribution for funding purposes of various bank accounts
- Prepare monthly cash disbursement table for upper management
- Prepare minutes/notes for all accounting meetings
- Assist with other projects as needed
What we expect of you:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 3 years of accounts payable experience
- Proficient in QuickBooks; Bill.com software experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends.
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability and willingness to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently on multiple assignments while maintaining high-quality results; deadline- and detail-oriented
- Positive, can-do attitude; flexibility, adaptability, and business acumen
- Strong numeracy and problem-solving skills
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
What we are committed to giving you:
- A competitive starting Base Salary and bonus program with salary increases based on performance
- Training and ongoing support from all levels of management
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, HSA, disability and life insurance, as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) program
- Paid Vacation and all Major Holidays
This position operates in a professional open-space office environment. The job requires an individual to routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
Job position is based in Lakewood, CO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position working standard business hours. This position may require the flexibility to work diverse schedules.
This position does not require travel.
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.